Friday, June 22, 2007

Kiwiland

My first 36 hours in NZ saw me:
  • learning to drive on the left (not that bad really, the hardest thing so far has been the fact that the rearview mirror is in the wrong place)
  • Doing some caving, including a zipline in complete darkness
  • Seeing many rainbows (I think I am up to 6 or 7 today), NZ should fight Hawaii for having a rainbow on the license plate.
  • and much much more.

I'd post a few pictures of the lush rolling hills dotted with sheep, but the computer I'm at won't let me connect my camera, so for now you'll just have to imagine them...

The plan for tomorrow is to explore Rotorua and the thermal areas around it.. Today the weather has been unprecitable, partly cloudy on eminute, raining heavily 5 minutes later, and sunny 5-10 minutes after that. The only thing that has been consistent is the fierce wind. Speaking of the weather, Queenstown, the airport I'm scheduled to fly into next Tuesday has been completely snowed in for the past couple of days. The radio was blaming it on wintry antarctic winds...go figure :)

No comments: