Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hong Kong

Hong Kong... After stuffing outselves silly with dim sum the girls went shopping, and I went up to the peak to get a good look at the city. The city is on a hill, and our hotel was quite a ways up, luckily Hong Kong has the world's longest series of escalators. In the morning the escalator goes down, but at 10am it switches and goes back up. The ride from the sea to where we were staying near the top took about 10 minutes..



My second day there I caught a ferry to Lantau island, which in addition to having the new HK airport (which is absolutely wonderful!) also has the world's largest sitting bronze buddha statue (I believe all of the qualifiers are necessary :) There is a monastery on the grounds which serves yummy vegetarian chinese food. The stairs were painful in the blistering heat.

At the top:

Returning from Macau I couldn't resist the picture of the night skyline.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

isnt life so sad now that dian and i are gone??